"All of my life, in every season, You are still God. I have a reason to sing.
I have a reason to worship..."

Saturday, October 24, 2009

May My Answer Always Be Yes...



Hi Everyone! Just a quick update about our ‘Falling for Adoption’ Kid’s Sale that took place last weekend….I am thrilled to report that over $2000 was raised for six local families who are in the process of adopting! As a result of the generosity and kindness of many sweet friends who donated items specifically to us, we made a total of $735 to add to our adoption fund! We are SO thankful and feel very blessed by the outpouring of support from so many! Thank You!

We have also just launched our next adoption fundraiser! We have designed some cool t-shirts that we are currently selling (see photo). They are chocolate brown and say “Love Knows No Borders” across a map of Africa.

We have them available in the following sizes:

Child: XS, S, M, L

Ladies: S, M, L, XL

Men/Unisex: M, L, XL

We are selling children's sizes for $10 and adult sizes for $14. All proceeds go directly to our adoption fund. We would LOVE your support! Please let me know if you are interested (aumonydahl@comcast.net) and I will gladly drop them off or mail them to you. This makes a great Christmas gift for a great cause! Please pass this on to anyone who may be interested... I originally ordered 100 shirts and have sold almost 70 of them in the last week! I plan to put in another order soon, so let me know what size you would like and I’ll be sure to have what you need. Thank You, Thank You!

On a final note, I started reading a book today called ‘Dangerous Surrender’ by Kay Warren. On the very first page, she writes the following prayer.... I was so struck by it that I read it over about four times, then underlined it a put a star by it.

“My King, the Lord Jesus Christ,

I owe it all to you.

I am your bond-servant; do with me as you please.

My love for you is beyond words,

and my gratitude can only be measured

by my life offered in your service.

My answer will always be yes.”

THIS is what I want the prayer of my life to be! Tomorrow it will find its rightful place on my refrigerator.

May my answer always be yes…


6 comments:

  1. Amen wonderful friend!
    This is one of my FAVORITE quotes from the book!!! Sooooooooooo challenging!!! I'm glad you started reading =)
    Love
    Maria
    P.S. THANK YOU Jesus for the 70 t-shirts that have been sold! That is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aumony!
    I found your blogspot when I googled an address for Adam. And when I did, I found the Lankaar Blogspot and saw your name! I look forward to keeping up with you guys! My blogspot is adandjen@blogspot.com! Have a nice day....
    Jen Holzer
    Clearly Seen Windows

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much is shipping for 1 of the kids shirts?
    Is a kids large like a 14/16?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! A child's Large is size 14-16. I would imagine that shipping would be about $2, which I will cover if you like. If I get your address early this week, I can have it to you before Christmas! Let me know...
    Thanks!
    Aumony :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why don't you email me at aumonydahl@comcast.net and I'll give you my address. You can just mail me a check and I will mail you the shirt (if you provide your address). Does that work for you? Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete